Blackhawk Upper Control Arms suit Prado 120 Toyota UCA3841P
or 4 payments of $199.75 with InfoIn Stock
THIS LISTING IS FOR
1 X PAIR BLACKHAWK UPPER CONTROL ARMS
Suits Toyota Prado 120
Roadsafe's Blackhawk range of Upper Control Arms (UCA's) have been designed with ease of fitment and ongoing serviceability in mind. They are necessary for various IFS vehicles that have been fitted with raised aftermarket suspension and restore castor and camber that may have been affected by lifting even as little as 30mm. During the development process a large number of potential issues associated with lift were identified, and subsequent features were built into the product to overcome of offset them.
Blackhawks UCA's restore Castor and Camber affected by suspension lifts on IFS vehicle with raised suspension
Re-engineering the location of the ball joint to enable an excellent wheel alignment, offer a far superior result to what is considered an 'acceptable' wheel alignment on lifts of 30 - 70mm. The revised ball joint location is also angled providing improved down travel in the suspension so the ball joint can reach its maximum articulation. The results from an excellent wheel alignment speak for themselvs in reduncing the cost of excessive tyre wear coupled with an improved driving experience.
When a vehicle has raised suspension (this can be anything from 30mm or above) it will disrupt the vehicles relationship with factory set geometry and create issues, such as:
-Reduced caster setting - causing vague steering and respnse
-Bump steer resulting in reduced handling - with an out of control feeling
-Clearance issues to suspension, wheels & tyres - larger wheels can hit suspension componenets
-Issues with OE UCA hitting the suspension at full droop
- 3 degrees of fixed Caster Correction - we’ve identified this as a good amount of correction required for lifts ranging from 30-70mm, by providing a bulk – fixed amount of caster, this offers the ability to utilise the factory adjustment to fine tune the caster required for your vehicles lift, with the UCA not being the limiting factor for increased droop relative to the other component
- Camber change to meet OE Spec - if your application requires increased camber, we can offer offset bushings to provide more camber.
- Clearance to fit larger aftermarket Wheels & Tyres - we often see larger than standard size tyres with wheel offsets having clearance issues to the OE UCA, our Blackhawk UCA’s minimise this as much as possible
- Fixed position ball joint
- The position of the balljoint housings have been rotated to ensure the balljoint is not the limiting factor with maximum down travel. Roadsafe specifically chose a fixed ball joint for a number of reasons – in offroad applications the ball joint receives a large amount of “bump” loads, which over time can either knock an adjustable ball joint out of position leading to increased tyre wear due to a change in caster. Changing from a fixed balljoint mount reduces the structural integrity of the mount and the mounting platform of the balljoint, with any remote traveling we need to ensure strength and reliability is not compromised.
- There will never be a need to adjust or re-adjust your caster once established with the Blackhawk arms as the balljoint cannot be knocked out of position.
- Maintain OE specifiction ball joint & bushings – regardless of where you may go, if you need to replace a balljoint or bushing you can use genuine replacement parts or aftermarket OE specification replacement items, regardless of how remote you are at home or abroad.
- Rotated ball joint cup to prevent ball joint binding – Often we see the ball joint limiting the amount of down travel because the OE ball stud hits the side of the ball joint housing, this creates a stress point on the ball stud creating an environment for potential terminal failure of the ball joint, it also limits the amount of down travel possible when used in conjunction with aftermarket suspension and longer shock lengths.
- Securing ABS lines – we incorporate tabs and mounts where practical so the OE lines can be secured discreetly where possible, reducing the potential of sticks and other debris from damaging the sensitive lines.
- Increased strength compared to the OE design - The design of the Blackhawk arms have shown with the use of FEA to be much stiffer than the OE arms, providing the driver with increased handling and response when the Blackhawk arms are fitted when compared to the OE arms, this is illustrated by the amount of deflection the FEA results have provided, with 3 times less deflection in the Blackhawk UCA’s.
- Heavy Duty high articulation new design ball joints - Roadsafe 4wd specially redesigned the OE balljoint into a heavy duty application, due to the nature of the application the 4wding community require a serviceable component, so we have a balljoint that is manufactured in the “hard to hard” style with a locating nylon disc that the ball stud terminates against, grease is pumped into the assembly through the top keeping everything lubricated and keeping any potential contaminants out of the boot region. The ball studs and seat area of the housing are all heat treated forming a hardened surface with the purpose of long life and limited wear.
- Anodized balck dust cap for a complete sealed housing - Blackhawk arms that utilise a press in balljoint feature a machined alloy dust cap which is anodized black with engraved Blackhawk logo to deter corrosion etc, as a result creating a sealed housing to remove the balljoint from the elements such as water, dust & mud ensuring they are in the best possible environment.
- Sandblasted and finished in E-coat for durability – All arms are sand blasted upon completion and E coated black for a durable discreet finish, E coating is the same process the vehicles manufacturer used for the original equipment you are replacing.
- Manufactured from 300mpa carbon steel
Based on years of experience in manufacturing a large volume of suspension components, Roadsafe is able to ensure the manufacturing process is of standard delivering a high quality component to market.
Usually dispatched within 72 Hours subject to availability. We try to keep all products in stock at all times; however due to selling via multiple platforms there may be occasions where items are temporarily out of stock or unavailable from the supplier. Items out of stock will be backordered or we will advise if the item is unavailable.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Smithies Outback Gear users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.